Half asleep and bleary eyed from an early rise, I sat at my desk with a freshly brewed cup of Rooibos tea and did my usual routine of browsing through social media, flicking from post to post. Ping, as the new followers notification beamed on my Twitter before my tired eyes. I briefly browsed through the names, none of which I recognized, until a certain Life Coach was brought to my attention.
Feeling intrigued, I continued to explore his page further, to find his business stating he could help you fulfil your wildest dreams and live the life you have always wanted to live! My heartbeat raced a little, my breathing intensified as I let out a burst of excitement whilst smiling to myself uncontrollably. If that isn’t the universe showing me the way, then I don’t know what is!
The signs were so clear leading up to this moment and this was just the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle all fitting together.
1. I had been struggling with gym based exercise, which seemed to induce an “exercise headache” after a workout
2. Pilates and Yoga were forms of exercise whereby I didn’t suffer any headaches and only improved my recovery which was making my body healthier and stronger
3. I had been questioning whether I was really a weight lifting, running on a treadmill kind of girl. Not really! Being honest, my passion lied with exercise classes. I love being fit and healthy but did lifting free weights in a gym environment really ignite a passion inside of me?
4. I knew I wanted to help others who were suffering, however I wasn’t sure how best to achieve this? Initially I thought that personal training was the right platform to reach people, but I realised that this was only putting pressure on myself. I was constantly trying to up the intensity of my workouts, even if that meant I was in pain.
5. Could I reach out and really change people’s lives as a whole – just through personal training?
These doubts had been racing round my mind for the past few days whilst I continued to receive email after email from companies putting pressure on me to sign up to their Personal Trainer courses. It really was like the Universe had whispered in my ear this ground breaking idea that was without a doubt completely and utterly ME!
By becoming a Life Coach I would be able to inspire others that they have the power to change their lives. This is what I had been trying to do all along! I could incorporate aspects that I have learnt on my journey such as meditation, mindfulness, Yoga, Pilates, the Law of Attraction, NLP techniques, nutrition, affirmations and put all this together to create my very own business! What better than a life coach that’s endured so much pain and struggle who could really relate to her patients and inspire them to change their lives.
Not only could I work from home but even if I was suffering from an absolute killer migraine, it’s the kind of job I would always be able to manage and never let anyone down. It was absolutely perfect. I felt a wave of emotion come over me as I explained my vision to my husband bursting with passion and enthusiasm.
On that very dark rainy day when I stood at Virgin Atlantic’s headquarters, I struggled to hide the tears streaming down my face from my friends passing by. Handing back my iconic Vivian Westwood threads along with my perfect red patent Dorothy shoes, left me confused and bewildered as to why my dream had been taken from me, by this devastating illness. And for the first time since that moment, I finally knew the reason why…
As my former boss Richard Branson would say;
“Every challenge in our lives is there for a reason, so that we can figure out how to turn it in to a strength”
And my god he was right!
#Lifecoach #Lawofattraction #Mydestiny #Theuniverse #Career #Myownbusiness