Mindset

Your Genes Are NOT Your Destiny

Have you ever felt completely powerless to your migraines because they run in your family and have been passed down through your genes? Well, I am here to give you an absolute golden nugget of information that will change the way you view your health forever.

YOUR HEALTH IS NOT CONTROLLED BY YOUR GENETICS!

Yes, you heard me right. Let that sink in for a second.

For generations, we have been led to think that disease is determined solely by our genes, however, scientists have now discovered that this actually isn’t true.

Bruce Lipton a renowned cell biologist explains that only 10% of what happens to your body and health is in any way related to your genes. Just a measly 10%! Which means the remaining 90% is actually determined by our environment, such as our nutrition, emotions and subconscious beliefs.

#GROUNDBREAKINGALERT!

Brain.jpg

So just because your mum, brother and great aunt Lisa suffer from migraines doesn’t mean that you have to!

Following on from that, I want to introduce you to the amazing world of Epigenetics. 

Epigenetics in the most basic, basic form is the study of our cells and how they can be turned on and off. Yes, this is actually possible.

So each cell membrane has receptors that pick up environmental signals, and what this does is control the “reading” of the genes inside the cells. These cells are so clever that they can choose to read or not read the genetic blueprint depending on the signals they are receiving from the environment.

Thus having migraines programmed in your DNA doesn’t automatically mean that you are going to live a miserable life full of pain. No no no! However, despite this, we have been programmed by the medical system to think this way.

Isn’t it true that a doctor always asks you what diseases run in your family? This simple destructive question programmes you into thinking:

  1. I will inherit this illness because it’s hereditary
  2. Because it runs in my genes there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it!

Wrong and wrong again.

biology-blur-blurred-background-954585.jpg

So how do we turn genes on and off then I hear you ask? Well believe it or not this is mainly done by our thoughts, attitudes and perceptions.

Do you believe that you will never ever live a life free from migraines? Is your attitude one of that no matter what you try and do to get a hold of your migraines they will always be in your life because they are genetic?

If so, maybe it’s time to realise that YOU are actually the one in the driver’s seat of your health! YOU are the one who has the ability to heal your body and YOU are the one who has the potential to change your genes and your story.

Now that’s got ya thinking…

#Health #Science #Epigentics #Healing #Mind #Beliefs

Sources:

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s